Your Centre Needs You!
We are looking for a new Chairperson. Along with the committee this person will help ensure the centre is running effectively. The chairperson will communicate with the centre manager to assist in making decisions about the centre to ensure that we provide a good service to our members and meet all of our obligations.
Below is some further information about what the role of a Chairperson entails.
- Help run the centre by liaising with the centre manager and supporting them in their role.
- Help organise and oversee committee meetings.
- Make sure the centre is being run effectively and that staff and committee members are meeting their duties.
- Making decisions that help achieve the aims of the centre and are in the best interests of our members.
- Help manage any potential conflicts.
- Be a friendly face to all the members and be a spokesperson for them with both the committee and staff members.
The main characteristics of a Chairperson
- Good sense of humour
- Committed to the centre
- Capable of seeing the ‘big picture’
- A good listener
- Non judgemental
If you are interested and want any more information please speak to a member of staff or a member of the committee. Thank you.
Go For It!!
Support your Centre in September!!
- Set your own goals to improve health and wellbeing
- Complete your challenge alone or as a family group
- Get friends and family to sponsor you to reach your goal
Need some ideas? increasing your steps, doing regular stretches, dancing or floss-dancing, hula hooping, swimming, cutting out alcohol, cake, caffeine or carbs…..
And give your mind a workout…..Come and complete our fun memory challenge (details to follow)
Speak to staff for more details and/or sponsorship forms
'GO FOR IT' POSTER
Diane Toop has set herself a challenge…or 5!!! To celebrate her 50th birthday and raise money for us.
So far, Diane has run the LONDON MARATHON – due to the horrendously hot conditions this year’s marathon was even more of an endurance test, but Diane’s determination to finish at all costs got her through it, and at a very reasonable time of 6:16:49.
Diane has also just completed a WING-WALK…this lady is really reaching for the skies for us!!!!
Her next challenge is climbing BEN NEVIS in August, followed by A COAST-TO-COAST CYCLE in September and then, to finish off, the Bridlington HALF-MARATHON in October!!!!!!
A huge thank you from us all to Diane, and to the people who have sponsored her. If you would like to show your support, please log onto Diane’s Justgiving page or there are sponsor forms at the Centre.