Your Centre Needs You!
We are looking for a new Chairperson. Along with the committee this person will help ensure the centre is running effectively. The chairperson will communicate with the centre manager to assist in making decisions about the centre to ensure that we provide a good service to our members and meet all of our obligations.
Below is some further information about what the role of a Chairperson entails.
- Help run the centre by liaising with the centre manager and supporting them in their role.
- Help organise and oversee committee meetings.
- Make sure the centre is being run effectively and that staff and committee members are meeting their duties.
- Making decisions that help achieve the aims of the centre and are in the best interests of our members.
- Help manage any potential conflicts.
- Be a friendly face to all the members and be a spokesperson for them with both the committee and staff members.
The main characteristics of a Chairperson
- Good sense of humour
- Committed to the centre
- Capable of seeing the ‘big picture’
- A good listener
- Non judgemental
If you are interested and want any more information please speak to a member of staff or a member of the committee. Thank you.